Join us to taste and learn more about Appassimento winemaking in Niagara.
Join us along side Angels Gate Winery, Cornerstone Estate Winery, The Foreign Affair Winery, and Ridgepoint Wines to learn about our approach to Appassimento winemaking. Spend the day travelling to each location, tasting and learning about this unique winemaking technique adapted to Niagara viticulture. Your ticket includes a flight of two Appassimento style wines and food pairing at each winery as well as transportation between each location and back to the starting point.
March 1, 2020 at 10:30 am
$110 per person + HST – includes transportation, itinerary below:
Wine & Food Pairing Menus:
- Angels Gate Winery: 2015 Mountainview Merlot (Partial Appassimento) & 2016 Bin 95 - Cabernet Franc & Syrah (Partial Appassimento)
- Cornerstone Estate Winery: 2013 Partial Appassimento Pinot Gris & 2012 Appassimento Cabernet Franc served with perogies made with Canadian cheddar and maple bacon
- The Foreign Affair Winery: 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon (Partial Appassimento), 2015 Cabernet Franc (Full Appassimento) paired with mini tourtière
- Ridgepoint Wines: 2014 Cabernet Appassimento (100% ) with a slow roasted Wild Boar slider topped with housemade blueberry jam and our just released 2019 Dolcetto Appassimento (100% ) with a berry Tiramisu
- Vieni Estates Wine & Spirits: 2013 Full Appassimento & 2016 Ripasso paired with Hand Rolled Elk and Beef Polpetta, surrounded by a slow simmered marinara sauce topped with grated Grana Padano
Route begins at Vieni Estates Wine & Spirits, please arrive for 10:30 am
Bus leaves at 11:30 am - next stop Angels Gate Winery, followed by Cornerstone Estate Winery, The Foreign Affair Winery and Ridgepoint Wines
Bus 1 returns back to Vieni Estates Wine & Spirits
Route begins at The Foreign Affair Winery, please arrive for 10:30 am
Bus leaves at 11:30 am - next stop Ridgepoint Wines, followed by Vieni Estates Wine & Spirits, Angels Gate Winery, and Cornerstone Estate Winery
Bus 2 returns back to The Foreign Affair Winery